NEW CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC:
* Can the COVID-19 infections be transmitted in hot and humid conditions? WHO answers the question.
* A patient in Norway is the first to enroll in a global "solidarity trial" testing 4 coronavirus treatments. (business insider)
* The facts about COVID-19. You can download the document (www.cdc.com)
* Millions of chickens are used to make vaccines. However this is not the case for COVID-19 (www.cnn.com)
* How to cope with coronavirus at work? This is the presentation in English.
*The first U.S. clinical trial of a vaccine produced by an American biotechnology company to combat the novel coronavirus started on March 16. (www.bio.org).
*There are approximately several trials on vaccine or drug therapy on COVID-19. WHO is supporting the SOLIDARITY trial.
1. World Health Organization (WHO) APPROACH to CORONAVIRUS:
WHO's coronavirus (COVID-19) report is summarised here.
Report date: 30.03.2020
Report number : 70
Global number of confirmed cases : 693282
Number of deaths in USA: 2112 (444 new cases)
Number of deaths in the European Region: 18740 (Italy: 10781 and Spain: 6528)
Italy and Spain are the leading countries which has the most number of deaths from COVID-19 outside China.
Europe is the new center of coronavirus epidemic according to World Health Organization (WHO) .
"NEW" World Health Organization (WHO) is calling coronavirus infection as pandemia (11.03.2020).
The number of deaths in China and South Korea is under control. The new center of the epidemic has been announced to be in Europe.
Key advice for older adults and people with pre-existing conditions (WHO):
1.When you have visitors to your home, exchange “1 metre greetings”, like a wave, nod, or bow.
2.Ask visitors and those you live with to wash their hands.
3. Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces in your home, especially areas that people touch a lot.
4. If someone you live with isn’t feeling well (especially with possible COVID-19 symptoms), limit your shared spaces.
5. If you become ill with symptoms of COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider by telephone before visiting your healthcare facility.
6. Make a plan in preparation for an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community.
7. When you go out in public, follow the same preventative guidelines as you would at home.
8. Stay up to date using information from reliable sources.
2. RD :
(January 2020) RD's YOUTUBE channel is on air. You can find our 6 th video "RD's expectations from 2020" in our youtube channel "RDilac" in Turkish.
You can reach RD Consultancy from Facebook. The announcements will be both in Turkish and English.
2020 is RD's 10th year. Happy anniversary !!!
* Starting form 19.02.2020 1 (one) Euro equals to 3,8155 Turkish Liras in drug reimbursement.