* "NEW" J&J said it has paused the trial of its experimental coronavirus vaccine because of an unexplained illness in one of the volunteers (CNN- October 13).
*"NEW" Christiano Ronaldo tests positive for coronavirus.
You can reach the final statistics of WHO about COVID-19 from https://covid19.who.int/ . Brazil overtakes Spain and Italy as virus cases grow (BBC).
WHO has published "STRATEGIC PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE PLAN" You can download the document from here.
1. World Health Organization (WHO) APPROACH to CORONAVIRUS:
WHO's coronavirus (COVID-19) report is summarised down below.
Report date: 18 June 2020
Report number : 150
Global number of confirmed cases : 8 242 999
Global number of deaths: 445 535 deaths (Death rate: 5.40 %)
Number of confirmed cases in USA : 2 126 027
Number of deaths in USA: 116 702 (Death rate: 5.49 %)
Number of deaths in the European Region: 190 304
1. UK: 42 153 (22.15 % of deaths in Europe)
2. Italy: 34 448 (18.10 % of deaths in Europe),
3. Spain: 27 136 (14.26 % of deaths in Europe)
USA, UK, Italy and Spain are the leading countries which have the most number of deaths from COVID-19 more than China.
United States and Europe are the new centers of coronavirus epidemic according to World Health Organization (WHO) .
World Health Organization (WHO) has called COVID-19 infection as pandemia (11.03.2020).
The number of deaths in China and South Korea is under control. The signs of re-infection (second wave) will be followed.
Key advice for older adults and people with pre-existing conditions (WHO):
1.When you have visitors to your home, exchange “1 metre greetings”, like a wave, nod, or bow.
2.Ask visitors and those you live with to wash their hands.
3. Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces in your home, especially areas that people touch a lot.
4. If someone you live with isn’t feeling well (especially with possible COVID-19 symptoms), limit your shared spaces.
5. If you become ill with symptoms of COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider by telephone before visiting your healthcare facility.
6. Make a plan in preparation for an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community.
7. When you go out in public, follow the same preventative guidelines as you would at home.
8. Stay up to date using information from reliable sources.
2. NEW CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC:
* Can the COVID-19 infections be transmitted in hot and humid conditions? WHO answers the question.
* A patient in Norway is the first to enroll in a global "solidarity trial" testing 4 various coronavirus treatments. (Business Insider)
* The facts about COVID-19. You can download the document (www.cdc.com)
* Millions of chickens are used to make vaccines. However this is not the case for COVID-19 (www.cnn.com)
* How to cope with coronavirus at work? This is the presentation in English.
*The first U.S. clinical trial of a vaccine produced by an American biotechnology company to combat the novel coronavirus started on March 16. (www.bio.org).
*There are approximately several trials on vaccine or drug therapy on COVID-19. WHO is supporting the SOLIDARITY trial.
3. RD :
(January 2020) RD's YOUTUBE channel is on air. You can find our 6 th video "RD's expectations from 2020" in our youtube channel "RDilac" in Turkish.
You can reach RD Consultancy from Facebook. The announcements will be both in Turkish and English.
2020 is RD's 10th year. Happy anniversary !!!
* Starting form 19.02.2020 1 (one) Euro equals to 3,8155 Turkish Liras in drug reimbursement.