*In South Africa, 80% of all coronavirus samples sequenced in that country were from the Delta lineage in October. In November, 75% of sequenced viruses have been Omicron, with 22% Delta .
*Fauci: Omicron variant may be highly infectious and less responsive toailable vaccines than other variants, but it is too early to know how it compares to the Delta variant.
*Britain says new COVID-19 variant is the most significant yet found (REUTERS).
*A vendor at an animal market in Wuhan, China, was probably the first person to contract COVID-19 (WebMD).
*Austria starts new covid-19 lockdown for unvaccinated people 21).
* A new study published in BMJ Open adds to the evidence that zinc is effective against viral respiratory infections, such as colds.
*US COVID deaths, infections are falling after a summer surge of the Delta variant. COVID deaths are down about %13 over 2 weeks (MEDSCAPE).
*Although covid-19 vaccines are less effective against the Delta variant, they are still extremely effective in preventing hospitalization (CDC).
*Tocilizumab Shortage Continues as Pandemic Wears On (MEDSCAPE).
A. *Key advice for older adults and people with pre-existing conditions (WHO):
1.When you have visitors to your home, exchange “1 metre greetings”, like a wave, nod, or bow.
2.Ask visitors and those you live with to wash their hands.
3. Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces in your home, especially areas that people touch a lot.
4. If someone you live with isn’t feeling well (especially with possible COVID-19 symptoms), limit your shared spaces.
5. If you become ill with symptoms of COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider by telephone before visiting your healthcare facility.
6. Make a plan in preparation for an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community.
7. When you go out in public, follow the same preventative guidelines as you would at home.
8. Stay up to date using information from reliable sources.
B. NEW CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC:
* Can the COVID-19 infections be transmitted in hot and humid conditions? WHO answers the question.
* How to cope with coronavirus at work? This is the presentation in English.
*The first U.S. clinical trial of a vaccine produced by an American biotechnology company to combat the novel coronavirus started on March 16. (www.bio.org).
*There are several trials on vaccine or drug therapy on COVID-19. WHO is supporting the SOLIDARITY trial.
C. RD :
You can reach RD Consultancy from Facebook. The announcements will be both in Turkish and English.
*Happy anniversary !!!
2021 is RD's 11th year in the market.