* New: People who have received solid organ transplants have a higher risk for severe disease and COVID-19 (Medscape).
* Despite Another COVID Surge, Deaths Remain at the Some of the Lowest Levels of the Pandemic.
*CDC Calls for One-Third of Americans to Mask Up Again.
* UK Hits Record COVID levels.
* Social Isolation and Loneliness Linked to Heart Disease.
*Ivermectin Does Not Stop Progression to Severe COVID:Randomized Trial.
*Booster Effectiveness Wanes After 4 Months, Study Shows.
*Florida's Top Doctor Refuses to Say If He's Vaccinated.
* Fauci: Infections will continue, but they could be less severe and much fewer.
*In South Africa, 80% of all coronavirus samples sequenced in that country were from the Delta lineage in October. In November, 75% of sequenced viruses have been Omicron, with 22% Delta .
*A vendor at an animal market in Wuhan, China, was probably the first person to contract COVID-19.
*Although covid-19 vaccines are less effective against the Delta variant, they are still extremely effective in preventing hospitalization.
*Tocilizumab Shortage Continues as Pandemic Wears On.
A. *Key advice for older adults and people with pre-existing conditions (WHO):
1.When you have visitors to your home, exchange “1 metre greetings”, like a wave, nod, or bow.
2.Ask visitors and those you live with to wash their hands.
3. Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces in your home, especially areas that people touch a lot.
4. If someone you live with isn’t feeling well (especially with possible COVID-19 symptoms), limit your shared spaces.
5. If you become ill with symptoms of COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider by telephone before visiting your healthcare facility.
6. Make a plan in preparation for an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community.
7. When you go out in public, follow the same preventative guidelines as you would at home.
8. Stay up to date using information from reliable sources.
B. NEW CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC:
* Can the COVID-19 infections be transmitted in hot and humid conditions? WHO answers the question.
* How to cope with coronavirus at work? This is the presentation in English.
*The first U.S. clinical trial of a vaccine produced by an American biotechnology company to combat the novel coronavirus started on March 16. (www.bio.org).
*There are several trials on vaccine or drug therapy on COVID-19. WHO is supporting the SOLIDARITY trial.
C. RD :
You can reach RD Consultancy from Facebook. The announcements will be both in Turkish and English.
*Happy anniversary !!!
2022 is RD's 12th year in the market.